Sometimes we just need a personal portion of cheesecake. That’s why I made these Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes! They have the perfect amount of cheesecake and crust in each bite and are insanely delicious!
Everything is better made mini…and these Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes are NO exception! 😋 Have you ever wanted a personal portion of a dessert only to realize you had to make it full size? It’s so disappointing, and one of the reasons I was inspired to make these delicious mini cheesecake treats. They are the perfect amount of sweetness with the chocolate and caramel and are so incredibly creamy. The recipe makes 12 personal portions that you can freeze and enjoy whenever the craving strikes!
Something I LOVE about this recipe is the crust. It’s made from Airly Salted Caramel Crackers. Not only are the crackers the perfect amount of salty and sweet, but the company is doing its part to treat our environment and planet with respect. And that is a mission I can fully support!
I highly recommend using these crackers so you achieve the same taste I did when making this recipe, but if you need to use regular graham crackers, you can. Just know you’ll be missing out on some flavor, so definitely look into getting the Airly crackers! The chocolate crackers are also delicious, and I even use them in this recipe by crushing and sprinkling them on top of the cheesecakes.
These Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes also contain 9 grams of protein each, making them a great high-protein dessert option.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make the cheesecake crust:
Airly Salted Caramel Crackers – Not only are these crackers the perfect balance of sweet and salty, but I love the Airly’s mission to reverse climate change through food! They are committed to working with and honoring the land they use, using technology and innovation in ways that give back to nature, and evaluating how their decisions impact the broader environment. We’ll crush up two cups worth (150 grams) to use as the crust.
Light butter – I used ¼ cup (56 grams) of Brummel and Brown. Using light butter helps cut down on some calories and fat and makes this recipe a little lighter. I also like that this butter is made with yogurt, which also adds a bit of protein.
Grab this for the cheesecake filling:
Protein powder – I recommend using a vanilla protein powder for the most neutral flavor. This helps the salted caramel flavor really shine. I used two scoops (62 grams) of PEScience vanilla protein powder.
Greek yogurt – I used vanilla Greek yogurt, but you could use plain if you want. This adds a little bit of protein and also helps contribute to a creamy texture. We’ll use 1 ½ cups or 339 grams.
Cream cheese – Grab some whipped cream cheese for this recipe. It will help create a lighter texture and is easier to mix with the other ingredients. Being whipped will also help cut down on some fat. We’ll use 1 ½ cups or 252 grams.
Confectioner’s sugar – I used Swerve, a sugar replacement. It tastes, bakes, and measures just like real confectioner’s sugar and is zero calories. We’ll use ¼ cup.
And grab these ingredients for the toppings:
Caramel – What’s a mini salted caramel cheesecake without the caramel?! Drizzle some on top for even more delicious flavor. Really brings the cakes together!
Chocolate Airly Crackers – Crush these up and sprinkle on top of the mini cheesecakes. They add the perfect crunch and some delicious chocolate flavor.
Flaky sea salt – This complements the caramel and chocolate flavors so well. I highly recommend sprinkling some on top!
How to Make Mini Caramel Cheesecakes
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line 12 cupcake tins with cupcake liners. This is extremely important because otherwise, the crust may separate from the cheesecake.
- Next, let’s make the crust. Add the Airly crackers to a food processor and blend into a crumbly mixture. Then, add in the butter and mix.
- Place one tablespoon of the crust into the cupcake liners and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the crusts for 10 minutes. Then, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Now, let’s make the cheesecake filling. In a large bowl, combine the whipped cream cheese, yogurt, protein powder, and sugar with a handheld mixture until well combined.
- Divide the filling into the baked crusts and bake for 10-15 more minutes.
- Allow the mini cheesecakes to cool for 20 minutes. Then, remove them from the cupcake tins and place on a cooling rack. Cool for 30-40 more minutes.
- Place your mini cheesecakes in a sealed container and allow them to sit in the fridge overnight.
- Upon serving, drizzle caramel and top with sea salt, and crushed Chocolate Airly crackers. Enjoy!
Storing Your Cheesecakes
Store these cheesecakes in an airtight container for up to a week. I recommend adding the toppings and drizzling the caramel on top right before serving to ensure it doesn’t get soggy and maintains optimal texture!
How to Enjoy Your Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes
One of my favorite ways to enjoy these mini cheesecakes is to put them on a charcuterie board. And because it’s almost Halloween, what better board than a fall board?
I included the cheesecakes, grapes, strawberries, mallow pumpkins, pumpkin spice Cheerios, chocolate covered pretzels, and pumpkin spice Oreos. It was DELICIOUS. Add your favorite treats and enjoy!
These cheesecakes contain dairy. I have not tried to make them dairy free, so I cannot speak to how any dairy alternatives will work in this recipe.
This recipe is also not gluten free or vegan.
This recipe makes 12 cheesecakes. Here is the nutrition information for one cheesecake:
160 calories, 9 grams of fat, 11 grams of carbs, and 9 grams of protein
Search HNFit Salted Caramel Mini Cheesecakes in MFP for easy logging.
More Delicious Desserts You’ll Love
- Salted Caramel Brownie Cake Mix Dip
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie with Ice Cream
- Fluffernutter Chocolate Covered Rice Cakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies
Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes (High Protein)
Sometimes we just need a personal portion of cheesecake. That's why I made these Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes! They have the perfect amount of cheesecake and crust in each bite and are insanely delicious!
- 2 cups of Airly Salted Caramel Crackers (150 grams)
- ¼ cup light butter, melted. I used Brummel and Brown (56 grams)
- 2 scoops of Vanilla protein powder, I used vanilla PEscience (62 grams)
- 1 ½ cups vanilla greek yogurt (339 grams)
- 1 ½ cups whipped cream cheese (252 grams)
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners sugar
- Crushed Chocolate Airly Crackers
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Line 12 cupcake tins with cupcake liners (this is important otherwise the crust may separate from the cheesecake)
- Add the crackers to the food processor and blend into a crumbly mixture. Add in the butter and mix
- Place one tablespoon of the crust mixture into the cupcake liners and press down with the back of the spoon
- Bake for 10 minutes
- In a large bowl combine the whipped cream cheese, yogurt, protein powder, and sugar with a handheld mixture until it is well combined
- Divide into the baked crusts, and bake for 10-15 more minutes
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then remove from the cupcake tins and place on a cooling rack. Cool for 30-40 more minutes.
- Place them in a sealed container and allow them to sit in the fridge overnight.
- Upon serving, drizzle caramel, sea salt, and crushed Chocolate Airly crackers on top and serve
Serving Size1 mini cheesecake
Amount Per Serving Calories 160Total Fat 9gCarbohydrates 11gProtein 9g