Cheesecake and brownies in one dessert! No, you are not dreaming. Indulge in your favorite combination with this quick easy and scrumptious dessert!
K, now take out some cream cheese and let it soften because it is time to make some cheesecake brownies!
Nothing better than a fudgy brownie topped with a creamy layer of cheesecake.
This recipe uses two batters and is baked two different times. First, you start with the brownie layer (which uses a Kodiak Cake mix) and bake it for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once that is complete you layer on the cheesecake mixture with a rubber spatula. This is the same cheesecake from my White Chocolate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake … what a mouthful lol!
Here is what you will need for the Cheesecake Brownies:
- Kodiak Cakes Protein Packed Brownie Mix
- Light Butter
- Liquid Egg Whites
- Fat-Free Cream Cheese
- Non-Fat, Plain, Greek Yogurt
- Vanilla Protein Powder
Since this cheesecake mixture does not have any liquid in it it does not need to be baked for very long and it is pretty thick. I highly recommend using a rubber spatula to spread the cheesecake layer onto the baked brownies. Then you just have to bake it for 15 minutes more and let it chill for a few hours:)
Slice it up into 9 squares once it is chilled and serve!! If you are storing this make sure you keep it in the refrigerator!
And there ya have it protein-packed, low fat, and delicious cheesecake brownies…YUM
How Do I Track the Cheesecake Brownies if I am tracking Macros?
Search Haleynicolefit Cheesecake Brownies in My Fitness Pal for easy logging! 1 90 gram brownie is 204 calories / 28.8 carbs / 3.6 fat / and 15.3 protein
Can I Store The Cheesecake Brownies?
YES! Absolutely, you can store them in an airtight container for up to a week. OR if you are saving them then you can wrap them up tightly and freeze them in a freezer-safe container or zip lock bag for around a month or so!
Can I Substitute Any of The Ingredients?
What if you can’t find fat-free cream cheese? You can easily sub this for low fat or Neufchatel cheese! You can also sub the plain fat free Greek yogurt for vanilla but make sure it is still a thick consistency or that may change the end result!
The full recipe for the cheesecake brownies is below: )
- 320 grams Kodiak Cake Protein Packed Brownie Mix
- 28 grams light butter melted
- 46 grams liquid egg whites
- 4 tbsp water
- 8 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 210 grams Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 31 grams Pescience Gourmet Vanilla
- Grease an 8x9 baking dish/pan and line with parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the brownie ingredients and pour them into the baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes
- While the brownies bake use a kitchen aid or hand mixer to blend together the cheesecake ingredients
- After the brownies have finished baking use a rubber spatula to spread the cheesecake mixture over the top
- Bake for 15 more minutes
- Let cool completely and freeze for 2 hours
- Once it is cooled slice it into 9 squares 🙂
- Keep stored in the refrigerator
Serving Size90 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 204Total Fat 3.6gSaturated Fat 0.6gCholesterol 6mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 28.8gFiber 2gSugar 20.9gProtein 15.3g