These peppermint brownies are the best! Christmas time always has meant, more cookies and more baking to be done! The holiday vast approaching means; more gift wrapping, more last minute shopping, and MORE BAKING!
Christmas baking is so fun because there are so many things out there that you can explore… the amount of Christmas sprinkles and candy out there…. CRAZY. OH and the amount of cookies and peppermint desserts you can make: ENDLESS. So here they are Peppermint Brownies! I have actually never had a peppermint brownie before but I thought it was the perfect dessert for this time of year. Well boy was I missing out because this recipe turned out great!
I was on the hunt for pre-crushed peppermint sticks but I could not find any. I ended up just buying a pack of Candy Canes and crushed them up myself. This recipe uses two, so I unwrapped them, put them in a plastic bag and used the back of the spoon to crush them. Only after doing this did I find out that Wegmans sells them nicely packaged and crushed.. lol. So if you have a Wegmans go there now, if not, crush them by hand like me:)
I know the chocolate mint combo is controversial.. I have always loved it but I can see how the mint can be overpowering at times. Definitely not the case for these brownies! There is a perfect balance of chocolate and mint! I think I owe part of that to the Chocolate Mint Cookie Pescience Protein powder! Pescience is definitely my favorite protein powder to bake with, and as soon as my black Friday order came in I had to try out this protein. If you do not have this though DO NOT worry. I recommend using a chocolate protein and some peppermint extract. Peppermint extract is very strong so I would use only 1/4-1/2 tsp.
This recipe makes 12 peppermint brownies. Each brownie is only 75 calories with 5 grams of protein…how glorious!!! Oh tidings of comfort && JOYYYY. But really, the epitome of comfort food, a warm peppermint brownie with some vanilla ice cream sitting by the fire? How angelic does that sound? Exactly, so get to baking these !!! Recipe is below, tag me if you make them I love seeing all of your recreations! <3
- KitchenAid mixer
- 100 grams liquid egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 46 grams light butter 1/4 cup
- 15 grams Splenda Brown Sugar Mix
- 1 packet Truvia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 24 grams Cocoa Powder 4 tbsp
- 1 scoop Chocolate Mint Cookie Protein
- 70 grams Pancake Mix I used Aunt Jemima
- 2 candy canes crushed
- Preheat you oven to 350°, and spray and line a 8x9 baking dish.
- Start by creaming your butter. Then add your eggs, egg whites, and sugars.
- After this is all combined you can add in the vanilla extract.
- Once this is all combined you can add the dry ingredients, the cocoa powder, pancake mix, and protein powder.
- **I noted in the blog: if you do not have chocolate mint protein just use plain chocolate and add a teensy bit of peppermint extract 1/4-1/2 tsp!
- Once everything is mixed scrape into the baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking crush up the candy canes.
- After 10 minutes top the brownies with the candy canes and bake for 10-12 more minutes!
- Take out, cool, and cut into 12 🙂
If you like this recipe, you may also like my sugar cookie recipe!