A healthy banana muffin (or bread) recipe with only two ingredients! Low calorie and simply amazing. This recipe is a a must try!
But really, these are the BEST.BANANA.MUFFINS! I have been making banana bread and muffins for the longest time and my original recipe has tons of sugar and butter…so good but too many ingredients. I NEED simple! These muffins are SO simple and the macros are amazing! I prep these for the week and have 1-2 every night for dessert! I am in love with em!
These are best when you use very ripe bananas because they are the sweetest:) I do not even add any sweetener to this recipe although you totally could add a zero calorie sweetener or sugar if you please!
I really just add all of these ingredients into the kitchen aid and mix them all up. I then split them into baking tins lined with parchment paper! This keeps them from not sticking to the tins and cup cake liners! As long as you line the bottom they won’t stick (my sister taught me this trick.) One they are all baked you can run a knife around the edges and pop them out! And there you have perfect, little, healthy banana muffins.
I freeze mine for the week because they tend to not last long because of the banana. I just warm them up in the toaster oven… then it is like they are fresh out of the oven! I have them plain, with the chocolate chips, or some All American Nut Butters!!! My current fave is the Star Berry Blast!!
This time around I did add chocolate chips! I always add 5 grams at the end (before baking but in the tins) that way I know how much each muffin has but it is up to you! I just subtract this weight from the muffin and log the chocolate chips separate! I just like to do it this way, however, the nutrition provided is just for the muffins only not the chocolate chips!!
You won’t regret trying these if you love banana bread, it is so easy and SO good! You could even add a different flavor extract if you wanted! As always with my recipes get creative, like this one here; White Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins.
The full recipe for these healthy banana muffins is below.
- 3 ripe bananas (grams will vary) mine were 253 grams for this recipe
- 120 grams all purpose flour 1 cup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract other flavors work well too
- 1 small dash salt
- 5 grams chocolate chips / peanut butter morsels optional - I don't always add these
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Blend or mash the banana completely. I use a kitchen aid mixer.
- Add in the 3 eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt. You can do this gradually or all at once, I do it all at once because it is easy with the kitchen aid.
- I use an ice cream scooper to scoop into the 12 cupcake tins.
- Add chocolate chips or toppings on top if any!
- Bake for 15 minutes
- I weight them all once they are cooled and put this number in My Fitness Pal as the number of servings. Then I can log the individual muffins in grams to get per serving. They are usually 40-50 grams each.