White Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana muffins…and they are healthy with a bit of protein! These are the perfect, low calorie treat!
Strangely I used to not like bananas, I’ve always liked banana bread though :). I used to always make a chocolate chip banana bread loaf but now I like to have more fun with it and make a variety of flavors! Click to see my yummy low calorie banana muffins recipe here that I have made into an cake batter flavor as well :)!
If you love peanut butter, banana and chocolate this recipe is for you! I am a White Chocolate Reese’s lover but if you are not…which I know some people are not.. then use regular 🙂 It will be just as delicious!
What you will need for white chocolate peanut butter banana muffins:
- Whipped Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Pescience)
- Baking soda and baking powder
- Brown Sugar Splenda Mix
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Vanilla extract
- 2 ripened bananas (mine were 194 grams)
- 1 whole egg
- Liquid egg whites
- Protein pancake mix (I used Krusteaz, you can also use a regular pancake mix, this is the flour replacement)
- Coconut flour
- 3 White Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (48 grams)
Start by mashing up your banana until there are no chunks! I used a KitchenAid mixer for this, you can use a handheld potato masher too, it works just as well just more work:) Then add in the whole egg and liquid add whites. Now add the brown sugar, vanilla, applesauce and peanut butter. Now you can add your dry ingredients, baking soda, baking powder, protein powder, pancake mix and coconut flour! Chop up the Reese’s cups and set aside. Line a cupcake tin and divide the batter into the 12 tins and top with the peanut butter cups! Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes!
Each muffin is 80 calories! (per 32 gram muffin)
Serve warmed plain or with more peanut butter!
- 2 tbsp Jif Whipped Peanut Butter 28 grams
- 2 ripened bananas 194 grams
- 7 grams brown sugar Splenda mix
- 1 whole egg
- 40 grams liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40 grams unsweetened applesauce
- 60 grams Protein Pancake mix I used Krusteaz
- 10 grams coconut flour I used Bob's Red Mill
- 31 grams Vanilla protein powder 1 scoop
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 chopped White Chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups 48 grams
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 12 cupcake tins. I use parchment paper to line the bottoms.
- Use a handheld masher or KitchenAid to mix the banana until it no longer has any chunks in it.
- Add in the whole eggs, egg whites, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and applesauce and mix together.
- Scraping down the sides of the bowl you can now add the peanut butter, followed by the baking powder, and baking soda.
- You can add the rest of your dry ingredients: protein powder, coconut flour, and pancake mix.
- Chop up the peanut butter cups into small squares and set aside.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop divide the banana mixture into the 12 tins.
- Top the muffins with the peanut butter cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Using a tooth pick to make sure they are done then remove them from the tins and let them cool.
- Enjoy alone or served warmed / toasted with peanut butter!
Serving Size32 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 80Total Fat 2.7gSaturated Fat 0.4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 15.1mgSodium 117.8mgCarbohydrates 9.9gFiber 0.8gSugar 2.9gProtein 4.7g