A healthy chocolate chip cookie bar recipe! Are you even ready for it? Here is a lightened up version of one of the best desserts out there!
If you know me well, you know that I love all things cookies! But if you ask me if I am team crispy cookie or soft chewy cookie, I would definitely go with soft and chewy. These chocolate chip cookie bars are the perfect, soft, and moist, combination of a cookie and cake!
In this recipe you will find all of the essential ingredients for a chocolate chip cookie bar but some lighter versions! For example, light butter is used, Kodiak Cake pancake mix is used in place of flour, and egg whites are used rather than whole eggs! Additionally, I added some vanilla protein for a little protein plus!
Think of a warm, soft, vanilla cake, combined with a chewy chocolate chip cookie, that’s exactly how these bars taste!
Ingredients for the chocolate chip cookie bars:
- Light Butter
- Egg Whites
- Brown Sugar Splenda Mix
- Sugar and Stevia Blend
- Non fat Greek Yogurt: I use Fage plain greek yogurt.
- Vanilla Protein: I like to use PEscience vanilla protein powder, it bakes the best out of all of the other protein powders I have tried!
- Kodiak Cake power mix: I use the buttermilk power mix, you should be able to find this at any of your local grocery stores, it is used in place of flour in this recipe.
- Baking soda and salt
- Mini chocolate chips: Mini chocolate chips make for the best chocolate chip cookie bars!
How to make the chocolate chip cookie bars:
- To begin, grease square (8×9 works) baking dish and line with parchment paper (optional). Now, either using a hand mixer or an electric mixer, beat together the butter, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and sugars. Once this is combined you can add the dry ingredients; the pancake mix, baking soda, salt and protein powder.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in some of the chocolate chips but save some for topping.
- Scrape the batter into a greased baking dish and top with the remaining chocolate chips!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes!
- This serves 9 large sized cookie bars !!
- 28 grams light butter
- 46 grams egg whites
- 20 grams brown sugar Splenda mix
- 15 grams Sugar and stevia blend
- 28 grams Nonfat Greek yogurt
- 31 grams vanilla protein I used pescience gourmet vanilla
- 60 grams @kodiakcakes Power Mix
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 40 grams mini chocolate chips
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together
- Add salt and baking soda, pancake mix and protein powder
- Fold in some of the chocolate chips (save the rest for topping)
- Pour into a greased 8x9 square dish? and top with the remaining chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes !
- Cut into 9 squares and enjoy 🙂
Serving Size28 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 98Total Fat 2.7gSaturated Fat 1.1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6.7gCholesterol 6.7mgSodium 174.8mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 0.8gSugar 8gProtein 5.7g