The low carb, low calorie, and high protein lasagna of your dreams has entered the chat. This Buffalo Chicken Lasagna is so juicy, cheesy, and delicious! This recipe makes 6 servings making it perfect for meal prep!
Let’s take lasagna to the next level
If you love buffalo chicken dip (or just buffalo anything like me), you are going to LOVE this cheesy and low carb Buffalo Chicken Lasagna. When I make it for dinner, I feel like I’m treating myself to my own personal plate of buffalo goodness. The spice, cheese, and juicy chicken work so well together that you’ll consider making this every night!
I came up with the idea for a buffalo chicken lasagna from my Cut Da Carb flatbreads. I eat one for lunch every single day and wanted to find another way to enjoy them. So, I ended up using them to replace lasagna noodles for a low carb lasagna option. If you can’t find Cut Da Carb flatbreads, no worries. You can also use Joseph’s flatbreads. I find them at Walmart or on Amazon. You can use regular lasagna noodles if you want, but know that the nutrition information will be different. I also highly recommend grating fresh mozzarella cheese. It tastes and melts much better than pre-shredded! I got my cheese from Trader Joe’s.
And for all my meal preppers, you’re going to want to add this lasagna to your list. It makes 6 servings, holds up so well in the refrigerator, and reheats well. It’s perfect to pull out on a busy evening to enjoy and fuel your body.
Ingredients you’ll need
Cooked Chicken – I shredded about 4 cups of chicken for this lasagna. It keeps each bite nice and juicy and full of protein to keep your appetite satisfied!
Hot Sauce – I used 1 cup of Frank’s Hot Sauce. It’s my favorite hot sauce and you can find it in most supermarkets. Feel free to add another 1/4 cup if you’d like your lasagna spicy.
Skinny Girl Ranch – I used 1/2 cup. I recommend Skinny Girl Ranch to help keep some calories down. You truly can’t taste any difference from regular ranch. But if you’d rather use regular ranch, go for it.
Cottage Cheese – I used 1 1/2 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese. This helps make the lasagna filling creamy and cheesy. It also adds in some extra protein!
Ranch Seasoning – I used Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Ranch Seasoning Blend for some extra ranch flavor. The seasoning also helps cool down the hot buffalo sauce. You can use this or any other ranch seasoning you have. Note that this is optional.
Mozzarella – I really recommend using freshly grated mozzarella cheese here. It makes the lasagna easier to handle as opposed to using fresh mozzarella slices that would be really stringy when you cut and serve the lasagna. I used 1/2 cup part skim freshly grated mozzarella.
Cut Da Carb Flatbreads – I used two of these instead of lasagna noodles to save on some carbs. They’re super easy to use! However, you could also use lasagna noodles if you want to use pasta.
Seasonings – Grab some garlic powder, salt, and pepper to use in this recipe.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- Add your chicken breast to a crock pot. Then, add ¼ cup water, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Ranch Seasoning Blend (optional) and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, drain the water and shred chicken with two forks.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a large rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the chicken, hot sauce, ranch, cottage cheese, and Frank’s seasoning in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add 1 ½ cups of the chicken mixture to the bottom of the prepared baking dish and layer with one flatbread.
- Top the flatbread with another 1 ½ cups of chicken. Then, layer on the second flatbread. Finish it off by topping with the rest of the chicken mixture.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 more minutes.
- Let cool slightly, slice into 6 pieces, and enjoy!
How to serve your Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
I would serve this lasagna alongside some vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, or even asparagus. Choose your favorite. You can also do a side salad. Feel free to serve with another carb like rice or potatoes if you’d like. I think a small soup course would complement this meal as well!
How to store this recipe
You can store it in the fridge in an airtight container for 1 week or freeze it for up to 3 weeks.
How to reheat your lasagna
You can reheat your lasagna slices in the air fryer or in the microwave. If reheating in the microwave, warm up for 60 to 90 seconds. This will ensure the inside gets nice and hot! If using the air fryer, line the bottom with foil, and warm the slice at 350 for 5-8 minutes!
Here is the nutritional information for one-sixth of this Buffalo Chicken Lasagna recipe as written. Please note that any modifications made to the original recipe will change the numbers below.
189 calories, 4.2 fat, 9.5 carbs, 28.9 protein
Search HNFit Buffalo Chicken Lasagna in My Fitness Pal for easy logging
More ways to enjoy buffalo chicken
- Lightened Up Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Extra Cheesy Buffalo Crunch Wrap
- Buffalo Chicken Avocado Toast
- Easy Meal Prep Taco Beef and Buffalo Chicken
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (or 18.5 ounces)
- 1 (& 1/4 if like it spicy) cup Franks hot sauce
- 1/2 cup skinny girl ranch
- 1 1/2 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese (or 339 grams)
- 1 tsp of franks red hot Buffalo ranch seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup park skim freshly grated Mozz (or 56 grams)
- 2 Cut Da Carb Flatbreads
- Add your chicken breast into a crock pot, add ¼ water, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo ranch seasoning blend (optional) and cook on high for 4 hours
- Once the chicken is done, drain the water and shred chicken with two forks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a large rectangle baking dish with cooking spray
- Combine the chicken, hot sauce, ranch, cottage cheese, and Frank’s seasoning in a large bowl and mix well
- Add 1 ½ cups of the chicken mixture to the bottom of the dish, and layer with one flatbread.
- Top the flatbread with another 1 ½ cups of chicken, layer on the second flatbread, and finish off by topping with the rest of the chicken mixture
- Bake covered for 15 minutes
- Top with the mozzarella cheese
- Bake 10 more min
- Slice into 6 and enjoy
Serving Size212 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 188Total Fat 4.1gCarbohydrates 9.4gProtein 28.8g