These low-calorie almond cranberry bliss bars are heavenly! Filled with white chocolate and cranberries finished off with the perfect hint of almond!
A festive little treat to celebrate the New Year! I cannot even believe it is 2020! Wow a new decade, it’s crazy!
So, the story behind these gems is that I went to a party for the holidays and there were these White Chocolate Almond, Cranberry Blondies? Bars? I am not even sure but they were the most delicious things I have ever had.. and normally I would always go for the chocolate desserts but these were AMAZING. I kid you not I had like 6 of them….. SO low and behold I wanted to remake a lower calorie version so I can still eat 6…like every day.
So I decided to combine my favorite things into one yummy little bar all for under 100 calories:) White chocolate, almond extract and dried cranberries are the essentials for this recipe!
Here is everything that you will need:
- Vanilla Protein Powder: I used Pescience
- Pancake Mix
- Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- Liquid Egg Whites
- Low-Calorie Brown Sugar, I used Splenda’s Blend
- Granulated Sugar Substitute, I used Lakonto Granulated
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
- Dried Cranberries
- White Chocolate Chips
- Light Style Butter, I used Light – I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter
- Baking Soda
Once you have all of the ingredients the rest is pretty easy:)
For this recipe, you will want to use a 9×8 or 8×8 baking dish. I lined mine with parchment paper and sprayed it with baking spray to be safe!
It is important that you combine the wet ingredients first! So, using a KitchenAid or electric hand mixer beat the butter to begin then add your sugars, extracts, egg whites, applesauce, baking soda, and salt. Then once that is combined all you have to add is the pancake mix and the protein powder. Once it is combined using a rubber spatula to fold in two-thirds of the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. Do not use the electric mixer for this part! The rest of the cranberries and chocolate will be on the top of the bars.
Sprinkle the cranberries on top and bake for 10 minutes. Take out the bars and add the white chocolate chips and bake for 5 more minutes. If you add them right in the beginning (like I did) they will melt SAD! But still tasty.
If you are a white chocolate lover like me you may want to take a look at my White Chocolate PB Muffins here🙂
Below is the full recipe for these bars, serves 12!
- 31 grams Vanilla Protein Powder: I used Pescience 1 scoop
- 80 grams Pancake Mix
- 64 grams Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 92 grams Liquid Egg Whites 6 tablespoons
- 20 grams Low Calorie Brown Sugar I used Splenda's Blend
- 20 grams Granulated Sugar Substitute I used Lakonto Granulated
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 25 grams Dried Cranberries
- 56 grams White Chocolate Chips
- 56 grams Light Style Butter I used Light - I Can't Believe it's Not Butter
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9x8 or 8x8 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray
- Using the KitchenAid or Electric mixer beat the butter until it is creamy.
- Add in your sugars, vanilla and almond extract, applesauce, egg whites, baking soda, and salt
- Now add your dry ingredients, the pancake mix, and the protein powder and mix
- Using a rubber spatula fold in two-thirds of the cranberries and white chocolate chips
- Scrape the batter into the pan and top with the rest of the cranberries
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove and add the white chocolate on top
- Place back in the oven and bake for 5 more minutes
- Remove, cool, and slice into 12 squares 🙂
Serving Size1 bar, 34 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 92Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1.4gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 3.7mgSodium 169.3mgCarbohydrates 13.9gFiber 0.3gSugar 8gProtein 3.5g