Let the Christmas cookie baking commence! It is never to early to start baking cookies and this protein sugar cookie recipe is the perfect start! Delicious little cookies topped with all of your favorite festive toppings!
A macro friendly sugar cookie recipe!! YaY! I LOVE sugar cookies but sometimes one sugar cookie can be very high calorically (totally worth it sometimes) but not sure I want to eat one of those everyday LOL! So I baked up these little yummies that are only 60 calories each and 5 grams of protein 🙂
I added some fun toppings to these which is totally optional! But if you are a salty sweet lover like me then I highly recommend adding the pretzels and M&Ms! It is holiday cookie decorating season so have fun with it!
What you need for the protein sugar cookies:
- Sugar and Stevia Sweetener Blend or other low calorie sweetener
- Light Butter (I use I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter)
- Vanilla Protein Powder, I used Pescience Gourmet Vanilla
- Cake Batter Extract (vanilla will work as well)
- Baking Powder
- A Protein Pancake Mix (I used Krusteaz)
I highly recommend you use a KitchenAid mixer or a handheld mixer for this recipe! It is best for beating the butter and sugar together and getting it to a smooth consistency. (If you do not have either of these I would melt the butter first)
After you add the butter and sugar and it is mixed together, you can now add the cake batter extract! If you love cake batter this is a MUST! I found my at Walmart, however, if you do not have this, vanilla extract will work just fine!
Now add the dry ingredients, the protein powder, pancake mix, and baking powder and mix! The batter will be sticky like a cookie dough! Do not add liquid!
Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop into 9 balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Decorate these cookies however you want:) Just know that different toppings will affect the macros. I explain the calorie additions with the pretzels and M&Ms below!
This recipe makes 9 protein sugar cookies!
Full recipe for protein sugar cookies below. If you like cookies, you will also like this recipe here!
Protein Sugar Cookies
- KitchenAid mixer
- 70 grams light butter
- 20 grams Splenda & Stevia Sweetener or any low calorie sweetener
- 50 grams Protein Pancake Mix I used Krusteaz
- 50 grams Vanilla Protein Powder I used Pescience
- 1 tsp cake batter extract Vanilla works too
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Using a KitchenAid mixer combine the butter and sugar
- Now add the cake batter extract
- Add in the pancake mix, protein powder, and baking soda
- Using a mini ice cream scoop, scoop out 9 balls onto the baking sheet
- Flatten a bit, and add any desired toppings.
- If you like your cookies more crispy you can flatten them completely!
- Let the cookies bake for 8-10 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!