A healthy peanut butter cake, topped with more peanut butter?! Am I in heaven? Practically anything that has the word “peanut butter” in it falls into my list of yummiest things ever.
- Peanut butter cups
- Peanut butter cookies
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Peanut butter and banana
- Peanut butter ice cream
- Peanut butter buckeyes
- Peanut butter CAKE!
The list goes on and on and I am not complaining! I could eat it all day long. When I was younger I was not a big fan of jelly so I would only eat peanut butter sandwiches… anyone else with me? Peanut butter toast is another favorite, and I even like to put peanut butter on my bagels! So anyway, for me to make this cake just seems normal right? It is a huge part of LIFE!
In this healthy recipe I used peanut butter protein powder and Jiff Whipped Creamy Peanut Butter to give it all the peanut butter flavors but for less calories I love this Peanut Butter! It is light and airy and perfect to add on rice cakes and to spread on this cake of course.
Here Is The List Of Ingredients You Will Need For The Cake:
- Peter Pan Whipped Creamy Peanut Butter
- Pancake Mix, I used Aunt Jemima Complete Mix
- Peanut Butter Powder, I used Pescience Protein for Oats PB and Honey
- Apple Sauce
- 1 egg
- Liquid Egg Whites
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Lakonto Sweetener
- Light Butter,
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
If you do not have the Peter Pan Whips, you can use regular peanut butter, however, the quantities will not be the same. Additionally, if you do not have peanut butter protein, you can use vanilla and add some peanut butter powder to the recipe if you have it.
This healthy dessert recipe yields 12 fluffy, delicious, little squares of YUM! Each slice of cake is only 83 calories (without the Jiff on top) and 4 grams of protein!
- 40 grams Jiff Whipped Creamy Peanut Butter
- 120 grams Pancake Mix I used Aunt Jemima Complete Mix
- 22.4 grams Peanut Butter Powder I used Pescience Protein for Oats PB and Honey
- 42 grams Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 whole egg 49 grams
- 46 grams Liquid Egg Whites
- 60 mL Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 5 tsp Lakonto Sweetener 20 grams
- 50 grams Light Butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease and light a square 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Beat your butter until creamy.
- Add in the sugar, and the egg, and egg whites and mix.
- Now add your peanut butter and combine.
- Now add the applesauce, almond milk, vanilla, salt, and baking powder and mix.
- Add the protein powder, and pancake mix.
- Once everything is combined, use a rubber spatula to scrape the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and allow to cool.
- Slice and add 5 grams or more of Jiff Whipped Peanut Butter on Top of each slice!
Serving Size35 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 83Total Fat 3.8gSaturated Fat .8gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 16.5mgSodium 249.3mgCarbohydrates 8.5gFiber .6gSugar 2gProtein 4g