My paleo pancake bowl is a perfect late night treat that takes less than 2 minutes to whip up. Grain free, high protein, and delightful!
If you have been following me for the past few weeks you know that I have been following a lower sugar and grain free diet in hopes to reduce inflammation and welcome my period back!
That being said of course I had to find a few recipes that allowed me to still enjoy my nightly treats so I came up with a super yummy and easy pancake bowl! I do have to say the cakey bowl is super good but the creamy almond butter and maple syrup that tops it makes it a 10/10 treat!
Here is what you need:
- Simple Mills Pancake / Waffle Mix
- Coconut Oil
- Liquid Egg Whites
- Vanilla (alcohol free if you can)
- Baking powder
- Maple Syrup or Honey for topping
- Almond Butter for topping
How you make the Paleo Pancake Bowl:
In a microwave safe add in the coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds, or until completely melted
Now add in the pancake mix, liquid egg whites, vanilla, and baking powder and stir until combined.
Microwave at 70% power for 1 minute and 15-20 seconds!
Top with almond butter, and maple syrup or honey… Enjoy!!
Macros for the Paleo Pancake Bowl:
Entry in My Fitness Pal: Haleynicolefit Paleo Pancake Bowl
Can you pre make the Paleo Pancake Bowl?
I never have and I would not recommend it! The coconut oil would likely harden if you pre make the batter and let it sit! Also, the cake may not be as moist if you make it ahead of time.
Full recipe is below!
Paleo Pancake Bowl
- 40 grams Simple Mills Pancake / Waffle Mix 1 serving
- 7-10 grams Coconut Oil
- 60 grams Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 splash Vanilla alcohol free if you can
- 2 grams Baking powder
- 10-20 mL Maple Syrup or Honey for topping
- 20-28 grams Almond Butter for topping
- In a microwave safe add in the coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds, or until completely melted
- Now add in the pancake mix, liquid egg whites, vanilla, and baking powder and stir until combined.
- Microwave at 70% power for 1 minute and 15-20 seconds!
- Top with almond butter, and maple syrup or honey… Enjoy!!