A healthy breakfast recipe packed with protein and chocolate chips! Who does not love some chocolate chip pancakes. Check out my pancake recipe here!
I have to say I am NOT the biggest fan of protein powders… yes there are some that I absolutely love and they are great to bake with but sometimes it is nice to have a pancake that doesn’t taste like a whole bunch of protein powder.
Behold… these pancakes! I use Kodiak Cakes buttermilk power cakes mix and Vital Proteins collagen peptides unflavored protein to give that protein boost without the taste of whey or plant protein!
I went through a period where I would eat these everyday… if I couldn’t have them for breakfast I would make them for dinner! They are seriously super good!
Here is what you need for these healthy chocolate chip pancakes:
- Pancake mix (I like to use Kodiak Cakes Pancake Mix or Aunt Jemima Complete Pancake Mix)
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Liquid Egg Whites
- Baking Powder
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
I like to make them on the smaller side so there is more to eat! I always put some nut butter on the side and some syrup! SO delicious!
Looking for more chocolate chip recipes? Take a look at my chocolate chip banana bars here!
Chocolate Chip Collagen Pancakes
- 53 grams Kodiak Cakes buttermilk power cakes mix
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 18 grams unflavored Vitalproteins collagen peptides
- 55 mL unsweetened almond milk
- 46 grams liquid egg whites.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 14 grams Nestle Toll House mini morsels
- Combine all of the dry ingredients then add all of the wet ingredients! DO NOT add the chips until the pancakes are on the skillet. I heat my skillet up while I am making the batter then I use butter spray and pour them in!
- I put about 4 pancakes on the skillet at a time, I make mine mini
- Flip them once they start to bubble!
- I always have a nut butter on the side and some syrup