Spinach and artichoke soup! Still creamy and cheesy but packed with protein, volume and deliciousness!
One of my favorite appetizers to order when I am out is Spinach and Artichoke dip, especially from Applebees.. YES GUILTY. I will indulge in it every now and then but it is pretty calorically dense for some chips and dip, so I got to some creative thinking and decided to make my own Spinach and Artichoke soup with my homemade air fried corn chips! To make the chips here is what I do:
The BEST Air Fried Corn Chips:
What you will need:
- Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas
- Kitchen Shears
- Cooking Spray
- Air Fryer: This is the one I own: GoWISEUSA
- Tin Foil
The rest is easy!
- Cut up your tortillas with the shears into any shape you want, squares usually work the best.
- Line your air fryer with foil and lay out the chips.
- Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Set your air fryer to 370 degrees and let cook for 8-9 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Dip and ENJOY!
- They are mini chips but they are super great 🙂
Now for the soup, things are a lil more complicated… well NOT really. As always I just throw my ingredients in a pot and let the stove do all the work 🙂 Here is what you will need:
- Lean Ground Turkey
- Chicken Broth or Better Than Bouillon Premium Chicken Base
- Frozen Spinach
- Fat Free Cream Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Parmesan Cheese
- Riced Cauliflower, I use frozen
- Quartered and Marinated Artichokes
That’s it! Mostly all refrigerator / freezer staples of mine!
Begin by chopping the celery and onion. Add this into a pot over medium heat with cooking spray and crushed garlic. When the onion and celery are translucent you can add the ground turkey. Cook it all the way through and add your chicken broth.
(As you can see it is again, adding a bunch to a pot.. not hard work :))
You can now add the frozen spinach, riced cauliflower, artichokes, red pepper flakes, cheese, and cream cheese! Thats it folks. Bring this to a simmer, lower the heat, cover, and cook for 30-40 more minutes. Do not be afraid of the riced cauliflower.. it gives it a ton of volume and not much of a taste, if anything it is more the smell lol! But really each serving is 414 grams.. a heaping bowl and ONLY 256 calories and 29 grams of protein. Picture PERF.
Now top with fat free mozzarella, dip your chips and love life 😀
If this recipe intrigues you, you may also like my want to also try my Spicy Turkey Stew.
Recipe is below, it yields 5 servings! Super healthy, packed with veggies, and high in protein!
Spinach and Artichoke Soup
- 1 package Lean Ground Turkey mine was 568 grams
- 24 grams Better Than Bouillon Premium Chicken Base OR 4 cups of Chicken Broth
- 135 grams Frozen Spinach 1.5 cups
- 80 grams Fat Free Cream Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 20 grams Parmesan Cheese
- 1 package Riced Cauliflower 448 grams
- 2 stalks Celery 77 grams
- 1 Onion 125 grams
- 1 6 oz container Quartered and Marinated Artichokes 90 grams
- 1/2 tsp Garlic
- Chop your onion and celery.
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray.
- Add the garlic, onion, and celery and cook over medium heat.
- When the onion and celery are translucent, add in the ground turkey and cook completely.
- Now add the chicken base / or broth, and the red pepper flakes.
- Add in the riced cauliflower, spinach, artichokes, cheese, and cream cheese and bring to a simmer.
- Lower the heat and cover the pot. Let cook for 30-40 more minutes.
- Split into 5 servings, each should be around 414 grams.
- Top with cheese and enjoy with chips or enjoy it on it's own!