The largest and tastiest bowl of buffalo chicken â€œspaghettiâ€ you could ever imagine.
If you are a buffalo chicken lover like me then you are going to want to try this. This bowl never ends and that is what I love about this dish. A high protein, creamy, low carb, and spicy recipe.
Donâ€™t be fooled there is actually no spaghetti noodles in this recipe. This recipe uses spaghetti squash and shirataki noodles. If you have never tried either you are missing out!! If you love pasta like me but you are not a fan of the tiny serving sizes then this dish is for you! I find the shirataki noodles in the refrigerated section at Walmart! They are a saving grace really.. the whole package of noodles is 30 calories! I usually will split it into two because half of the package is PLENTY! Then to get your micros in some spaghetti squash!!! I love using spaghetti squash in a variety of ways, it goes with basically everything! I used half of small spaghetti squash for this recipe. Here is another yummy recipe with spaghetti squash, Million Dollar Spaghetti Squash Bake .
I usually prepare my spaghetti squash at the beginning of the week in the air fryer and then I will use it sporadically to make different dishes.
To Prepare Your Spaghetti Squash:
- Begin by poking holes in it with a fork
- Microwave it for 1 minute
- Slice it in half
- Scoop out the seeds
- Line your air fryer with foil and spray it with cooking spray
- If it is small enough to fit both sides in the air fryer spray place them face down and spray them with cooking spray
- If both do not fit do one side at a time
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes each side (flip the squash to allow the other side to bake through). (Depending how big it is this will vary)
- When it is done, let it cool and use a fork to scrape out the squash. It should be easy to scoop out and it will look likes strands of spaghetti
- I used half of my squash for this recipe or 161 grams
This dish is great for single serve because it is super creamy and fresh right when you make it. If you want to put your whole squash to use just multiply this recipe by 4! See below ðŸ™‚
- 70 grams Shredded Chicken
- 20 grams Fat Free Cheddar
- 70 grams Shirataki Noodles or 1/2 a package (it will not alter the nutrition by much/ if anything)
- 160 grams spaghetti sqaush or 1/2 a small squash
- 20 grams fat free cream cheese
- 30 grams fat free greek yogurt
- 3 tbs Franks Red Hot Sauce ** to taste
- Kernels Ranch Seasoning optional ** to taste
- Prepare your chicken and spaghetti squash (I have mine prepped already for the week)
- Prepare shirataki noodles according to package
- In a pan over medium heat add all of your ingredients: Spaghetti squash, noodles, cream cheese, yogurt, ranch seasoning, and franks red hot sauce
- When the cream cheese and yogurt have melted down and combined then you can put everything into a bowl.
- Top with cheddar cheese and allow it to melt. I placed mine in the microwave for 30 seconds!
- Drizzle more hot sauce on top if you want!
- Pair with a salad, pita, or biscuit
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 bowl
Amount Per Serving Calories 227Total Fat 1.9gSaturated Fat 0.6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 67.1mgSodium 550.6mgCarbohydrates 17.6gFiber 3.1gSugar 6.6gProtein 36.2g