A single serve million dollar spaghetti squash bake filled with protein, and creaminess. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
I am a little snobby when it comes to spaghetti squash.. just because I love pasta so much. I can safely say this recipe has been made my me many times and I love it more each time.
If you are unfamiliar with how to bake your spaghetti squash refer to my blog here on how to bake it perfectly and read my quick tips below:
- Stab it with a fork and microwave it before you try to cut it
- Bake it inside facing down so the steam cooks the inside
- The sweet spot for baking is usually between 30-40 minutes, and do not let it get mushy!
To make the squash I pierce it with a fork and microwave it for a minute or 2. I then slice it in half and scoop out the seeds. If the squash is small enough I place both sides in the air fryer (facedown) on 400 for 10 minutes then flip it for another 10 minutes. (Make sure that you use some sort of cooking spray too.) If it is on the bigger side than I do one side at a time. This dish only calls for 150 grams of the squash so you can save the rest for other dishes or just make this for the whole week.. (worth it)
The fresh basil really makes this dish! You can try it with dried basil but I find a huge difference in the taste of dried basil and fresh. I have a plant that has been going strong and I usually chop up 4 leaves!
This is a single serve recipe! If you wanted to make it larger that is totally doable I just usually cook for myself each night. If you think you will want this every night you cold prep a large dish and then just divide it! I use a 7×8 pyrex dish for mine.
- 150 grams cooked spaghetti squash
- 30 grams non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 50 grams 2% cottage cheese
- 20 grams fat free cream cheese
- 50 grams marinara sauce I used Wegmans Brand
- 40 grams cooked ground turkey
- 15 grams fat free Cheddar cheese
- 15 grams Pecorino Romano Cheese
- chopped fresh basil
- minced garlic, hot red pepper, oregano
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the spaghetti squash, ground turkey, cottage cheese, yogurt, marinara sauce, basil and spices in a bowl.
- Transfer into a small baking dish.
- Top with the cheddar and SOME of the pecorino romano (I like to add some at the end)
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Top with the rest of the pecorino cheese!
Serving Size1 dish
Amount Per Serving Calories 265Total Fat 6.4gSaturated Fat 0.8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 21mgSodium 483.1mgCarbohydrates 20.3gFiber 2.9gSugar 9.5gProtein 32.5g