The perfect zucchini bread! Delicious, and low calorie. It’s perfect paired with nut butter, I love it with cashew butter!
The recipe I will never get tired of making and eating for two reasons; 1. It’s super easy and 2. It’s delicious.
Take it from me and toast up a slice of this with nut butter… you won’t stop dreaming about it.
You will likely have most of these ingredients in your pantry besides maybe a zucchini..so if you don’t maybe go get one 🙂
I use a food processor to grind up the zucchini, I always use one zucchini, the weight of it will vary I just change that in my recipe on My Fitness Pal.
It is important to mix the dry and wet ingredients separate at first. Then you can add the water and the melted butter. I wait a bit for the butter to cool but not enough that it solidifies again, but if it is too hot it may cook the egg.
Make sure that you mix the ingredients just enough to combine them, if you over mix it the loaf won’t be as fluffy!!
This loaf makes 12 slices! Or if you are weird like me you can slice them super thin so 1 slice = 2 slices 😀
Fill zucchini recipe below:
- 190 grams shredded zucchini
- 1 whole egg 39 grams
- 8 grams Brown Sugar Splenda Mix 2 tsp
- 6 grams Splenda Naturals Sugar Mix
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp light butter melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 180 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread tin lined with parchment paper (optional just helps it from sticking to the bottom)
- Combine dry ingredients (I used a kitchen aid)
- Combine all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (except the butter and the water)
- Add these to the dry ingredients. Add the water and slowly add the butter.
- Mix until all of the ingredients are combined (do not over mix it)
- Place the batter in a greased bread tin
- Bake for 40-45 minutes and check with a tooth pick!
- Store the loaf in the fridge for up to a week or pre slice it and freeze it!
Serving Size40 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 74Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0.3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 11.8mgSodium 170.5mgCarbohydrates 12.8gFiber 0.8gSugar 2.1gProtein 2.6g