Happy fall! It’s chili season. This crockpot turkey chili is easy to make, and perfect for your next game day or meal prep.
I may or may not have prepped chili for the past few weeks, I don’t know about you but I can’t seem to get tired if it! It is so versatile with the different toppings or different things you can dip in it!
I have made corn bread, and homemade tortilla chips to dip but I never go without adding cheese! Another fun addition to chili is Fritos! If you have not tried it you must!!
This recipe is fairly easy and packed with protein. All that needs to be done is some chopping, some can-opening, and some crock-pot cooking!
You begin this recipe by chopping the onion and the pepper and then you saute! After the onions are translucent you can add these veggies into the crop pot. You do the same with the ground turkey, cooking it until it is browned, then placing it in the crock-pot.
Now you can add the Rotel, beans, corn, tomato sauce, spices, and chicken broth. I use Better Than Bouillon chicken base mixed with water in all of my recipes because it stays longer than just buying the broth and you get a ton of uses from it! I have the chicken base and the beef base!
The best part is after all of this is done you can just leave it in the crock pot to cook, and it makes your house smell amazing!
Please tag me or message me @haleynicolefit if ya try it!! 🙂
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 1 Bell pepper chopped
- 1 package extra lean ground turkey
- 40 grams frozen corn
- 3 grams Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 1 10 oz can Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chili's
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 can red kidney beans
- Chop the onion and pepper and saute in pan until cooked. Add into the crock pot.
- In the same pan cook the turkey meat and add to the crock pot.
- Add the Chicken base to 1/4 cup of water and add. Now add the rest of the ingredients and spices!!
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6
Serving Size:296 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 1.2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 132.5mgCarbohydrates: 23.1gFiber: 4.1gSugar: 4.9gProtein: 34.9g