A healthy chocolate frosty with a plethora of toppings! This recipe allows you to enjoy the joys of a frosting in a never ending protein filled bowl!
There’s something about eating a smoothie / frosty with a bunch of toppings that’s better than drinking it right from the straw. I feel the same about Acai bowls, the more toppings the better. This is one of my favorite desserts to make because the base itself is low fat, low carb, and high in protein! I love getting creative and adding all kinds of toppings.
The nutrition for this recipe is for the base because I know that not everyone will be adding the same toppings as me. I added strawberries, Trader Joe’s Crispy Crunchy Cookies , white chocolate chips, and vanilla Chex cereal (the best!!).
Trust me when I say this bowl is super filling. I have trouble finishing it sometimes and my appetite is large! The ingredient that gets this dessert tasting exactly like a chocolate frosty is the Fairlife Chocolate Milk, it is delicious and high in protein! In my opinion the macros are bomb, 4.5 Fat, 13 Carb and 13 Protein for 1 cup (240mL)! 140 calories and only 12 grams of sugar!! Really not bad if ya ask me.
DON’T be thrown off by the frozen riced cauliflower! I am telling you guys I am so picky and I can taste everything and you cannot taste this one bit! It just adds more volume and gives it a thicker consistency! I did buy a bad bag once and it was no bueno, so I recommend the Birdseye brand!
Get groovy with your toppings just like the jello bowl! Add whatever you want or nothing at all, it is good both ways.
- 250 mL Fairlife 2% Chocolate Milk
- 50 grams Frozen Riced Cauliflower I use Birdseye
- 20 grams Frozen Non Fat Greek Yogurt you can just freeze a few minutes before
- 1-2 grams xanthan gum optional
- 10 Ice Cubes
- 15 grams Trader Joe's Crispy Crunchy Cookies
- 25 grams Vanilla Chex Cereal
- 15 grams White Chocolate Chips
- 60 grams Slices Strawberries
- Measure out 20 grams of greek yogurt and freeze for 10 minutes before blending.
- Combine the riced cauliflower, chocolate milk, frozen greek yogurt, xanthan gum, and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend for about 2-3 minutes! Until it gets to a fluffy consistency.
- Pour into a bowl, or cup if you decide to drink it. And top with all your fave toppings.
Serving Size1 frosty
Amount Per Serving Calories 177Total Fat 4.8gSaturated Fat 3.2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 22mgSodium 417.9mgCarbohydrates 16.9gFiber 1.8gSugar 14.7gProtein 17.1g