Low carb, egg plant parmesan! Perfect for your next week night meal prep.
My mom makes the BEST eggplant parm EVER!! I have eaten this dish ever since I was a little girl! I was craving it yesterday so decided to make a macro-friendly version with my fave Fat Free Mozzarella. You can definitely just use regular mozzarella shreds, I just love this alternative because it is high in protein!
We always make our eggplant parmesan by baking the slices of eggplant! Less oil and less mess! In my opinion the eggplant comes out just as crispy and delicious! Although the process does take some time, dip the eggplant slices in the eggs then the bread crumbs once your finished you can just pop them in the oven you donâ€™t have to hover over the pan to fry them!
After your eggplant is all crispy and cooked then all you have to do is the layer game! Sauce, eggplant, sauce, eggplant, sauce, eggplant then CHEESE! You can also put the cheese in between the layers as well I personally like it all on the top :).
To get the servings for this recipe I weighed the entire baking pan. Once the dish was complete and cooked I weighed the entire thing. I took the weight of the pan and subtracted it from the total giving me 976 servings. I then divided 976 by 6 to get 162 grams per serving! I input this all into My Fitness Pal so it does all of the work for me! I create my own recipe and put 976 in the number of servings and then log it as 162 grams! Perfect and easy!!
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce mine was 375 grams
- 28 grams Shredded Romano Cheese
- 472 grams Sliced Eggplant
- 102 grams liquid egg whites
- 119 grams plain bread crumbs you can sprinkle some spices in there, garlic, oregano etc.
- 157 grams Fat Free Mozzarella
- 4 second Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Use the olive oil spray to grease two baking sheets
- Slice up your eggplant thinly.
- Once it is completely sliced, dip each slice in the eggs, then the breadcrumbs.
- Place the slices on the baking sheet.
- Top each eggplant slice with some shredded romano, but do not use all of it. The rest will be for on top of the whole bake.
- Bake the egg plant for 30 minutes, switching the trays half way through. (From top to bottom, bottom to top).
- Get a 8x13 baking dish. If you want to weigh and track your recipe I recommend weighing the baking dish right now.
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with some marinara sauce.
- Begin your first layer of eggplant.
- Add more sauce on top.
- Repeat the layering process until you have used all of your eggplant.
- Top the whole dish with both cheeses.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, broiling for the last 5 minutes.
- If you want to track this weigh the entire baked dish. Subtract the weight of the empty dish from this. This will give you the number of servings then divide this by 6 to give you one serving in grams.
Serving Size162 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 195Total Fat 4.3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 8mgSodium 572.4mgCarbohydrates 23.6gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 15.4g