A low calorie, and high protein cookies and cream cake with cream cheese frosting. Mind you, this is not a huge cake! If you are making it for a large group I would recommend doubling the recipe!
Lucky me I have best friends who make me protein cakes for my birthday! Last year one of my best friends made me a cookies and cream protein cake and as I was looking through my Instagram I decided to remake it! I did not have all of the ingredients she did so I tweaked it a bit to make it a little more macro friendly! Being on a cut this is a perfect dessert and super yummy.
Cookies and Cream Cake Details:
I split this cake into thirds, so once it was frosted I weighed it and divided that by 3, which gave me 173 grams per slice. This big slice yields 21.5 grams of carbs, 4.9 grams of fat and 26.2 grams of protein!
The base of the cake is fluffy but a little dense because of the Greek yogurt giving it a “cheesecakey” feel..LOVE! Instead of using flour I used to Kodiak Cake Power Mix which works just as great and gives it more of a flavor and more protein :D. Also, if you do not have Cookies and Cream Protein like I used, Vanilla or Chocolate will work just fine!
The frosting is AMAZING and there is no shortage of it that’s for sure, there is a nice layer of it on top! Cream cheese frosting is probably my favorite..then maybe Pillsburys Funfetti. I would let the cream cheese sit out at room temperature for about 10 minutes before blending it, then there won’t be any lumps. The hand mixer works great to whip up the softened cream cheese and combine it with the sugar and greek yogurt.
It is super important that you let the cake cool before frosting it otherwise the frosting will melt off of the cake and it will be a huge mess! I let the cake cool for about 20 minutes before frosting it. Then I cut my slice and added my toppings! I did not include the toppings in the nutrition because whether you are gluten free or just don’t like Oreos I wanted to reflect that!
However, if you do then you are 100 percent missing out if you don’t add some Oreo Thins up in there, I used the mini ones! I also added some strawberries and Fat Free Cool whip. A dessert from the heavens!
Cookies and Cream Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cookies and Cream Cake
- 2 large Eggs
- 85 grams Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 mL Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 6 grams Swerve Confectioners Sugar 1 tsp
- 2 grams Splenda Brown Sugar Blend 1/2 tsp
- 53 grams Kodiak Power Mix
- 35 grams Cookies & Cream Protein Powder (I used MusclePharm Combat Powder)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 80 grams Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 6 grams Swerve Confectioners Sugar 2 tsp
- 85 grams Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a small round baking dish, I used a round Pyrex glass container. Grease it and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the wet cake ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and use a whisk to stir.
- Once everything is combined use a rubber spatula to scrape the batter into the cooking pan.
- Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking use a hand held mixer to whipped the softened cream cheese.
- It should only take a minute or less to do so, then add the greek yogurt and confectioners sugar.
- Once the cake is complete let it cool for 10 minutes then take it out of the pan and place it on a drying rack.
- When the cake is completely cool you can then frost it.
- Top with Oreo thins, whipped topping, fruit and more!
Serving Size175 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 227 Total Fat 4.9gSaturated Fat 1.7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 145.7mgSodium 271.2mgCarbohydrates 21.5gFiber 2.1gSugar 6.4gProtein 26.2g