Low calorie, buffalo mac and cheese, the is so easy to make, so cheesy, and delicious! This recipe uses frozen veggie pasta, so all you are going to need is a microwave and an appetite!
It is super macro friendly because the pasta is made out of zucchini and lentils and when I saw it in the frozen section I knew I had to try it! I have tried a lot of the Birdseye pastas, and they are ALL good but this one is hands down my favorite!
All you have to do is microwave the bag and it steams the pasta making it cheesy and good. I always split the package because the nutrition states that 111 grams frozen is the serving size but I am not going to open the package and weigh it because then the bag would no longer be able to steam it.. that being said I just log half of entire package.
I love adding the cream cheese and extra cheese because you can never have enough cheese in my opinion, and if you want to give it more of a buffalo mac feel the cream cheese really helps.
I add the ground turkey for more protein, but you can also add chicken.. or really any protein you want or none at all!
After I add the cheeses and protein I microwave it all for a little bit longer and stir it, then I add hot sauce, depending on the day I will add a lot or a little… up to you:)
I like having a salad on the side of this for more veggies, and it is also good with Joseph’s Mini Pitas warmed up and then you can dip it in the extra cheese sauce :). Now this post is really making me want this meal and I have a package sitting in my freezer…. def making this for dinner ASAP!
I hope you all like this recipe as much as I do, please tag me if ya try!!
- 1/2 package Birds Eye Steamfresh Penne with Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 3 oz cooked 99% lean ground turkey
- 10 grams fat free cream cheese
- 20 grams Velveeta Shreds
- Franks Red Hot Sauce to taste
- Microwave the package, weigh the entire pack and split that weight in half...(this is easiest in my opinion) then I just log half the package because the nutrition is based on 111 grams frozen
- When you have your portioned mac add the cream cheese, cheese shreds, and hot sauce
- Microwave for another 15-20 seconds and stir
- Add the hot sauce to taste and microwave a little more if needed
- Enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!
Serving Size1 bowl
Amount Per Serving Calories 356Total Fat 9.1gSaturated Fat 5.2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 70.7mgSodium 788.9mgCarbohydrates 29.3gFiber 2.5gSugar 3.9gProtein 36.6g