These are the easiest little nuggets ever! If you love soft pretzels you are going to want to try these easy pretzel bites.
I saw these on TikTok, I had some biscuits left over from my bubble up bake so I decided to make them… they are so good.. And addicting!
They are super easy, here is what you need for the easy pretzel bites:
- Pillsbury Biscuits (5 count)
- 2tbsp Brummel & Brown Melted Butter
- Baking Soda
I have a video here on how I made them!
How to make the pretzel bites:
- To make them you are going to start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees
- Next, cut the biscuits into 4 cubes, and ball them up into little bites
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add in 1/4 cup of baking soda.
- Drop in the pretzel bites and when they rise to the top take them out (this should only be around 30-60 seconds)
- Place them on the baking sheet and brush them with melted butter and top with salt.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes
- Enjoy with mustard or queso!
Nutrition for 4 pretzel bites:
128 calories: 23.8 carb / 2.6 fat / 3.2 protein
You can also search HNFit Pretzel Bites in My Fitness Pal for easy tracking!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why do you add baking soda to the water?
Adding the baking soda to the boiled water essentially gelatinizes the outside of the pretzel. This stops the pretzel from fully springing when being baked and gives it the chewy crust and soft inside.
Are these pretzels healthy?
As you know, all food is healthy in moderation, so yes of course! Food is meant to be enjoyed not demonized.
What is the nutrition information for the easy pretzel bites?
For 4 bites, the nutrition is 128 calories: 23.8 carb / 2.6 fat / 3.2 protein. You can find this in My Fitness Pal by searching HNFit easy pretzel bites.
Why do you use pillsbury biscuits?
Because it makes it super easy! These biscuits are so versatile, have you ever made donuts with them? It is super good, if you like donuts, check out this donut recipe here or this pumpkin munchkin recipe.
Easy Pretzel Bites
The easiest and tastiest little pretzel bites! You are going to want to try these.
- 1 can of Pillsbury Biscuits (5 count)
- 2 tbsp Brummel and Brown Butter
- Baking Soda
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Start by cutting your biscuits into fours
- Ball the bites into little round balls
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1/4 cup of baking soda
- Drop the biscuits into the pot and let them rise
- Place them on the baking sheet and bake them for 10-12 minutes
- Enjoy with mustard or queso, so good!
Serving Size4 bites
Amount Per Serving Calories 128Total Fat 2.6gSaturated Fat 0.1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 447mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 3.2g