A healthy chocolate dessert recipe?? Come again? Yes, a fudgy chocolate cake with swirls of cheesecake to top it all off. And yes, this is healthy, and a low calorie dessert!
I have been wanting to use the pillsbury sugar free mixes for a while now! I always see such great creations on Instagram using these mixes, and of course it is Pillsbury so it has to be good. This specific recipe uses the Devils Food Cake Sugar free mix.
I was hesitant at first because I really like being as creative as possible when it comes to creating healthy desserts.. Let alone a healthy chocolate dessert recipe!!! But this mix did not disappoint and the greatest part is you only add 1 ingredient, yes 1!!! A healthy low calorie dessert with chocolate, there is really nothing better.
So what is this one ingredient you ask? I will tell you as long as you promise not to leave this pageâ€¦Ok, you promise?
Here it is: A can of pumpkin puree. YEP! That is it. NOW, if you do not like pumpkin have no fear, you cannot taste it. The purpose of this is to add moisture to the mix without adding many calories. Make sure that you are using pumpkin puree (do not mistake this for pumpkin pie puree).
Healthy Chocolate Fudge Cake Dessert Recipe Ingredients:
- Pillsbury Sugar Free Devils Food Cake
- 1 can pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie puree
This is seriously a healthy chocolate dessert recipe that is easy and low in calories but so delicious! You do not get hints of pumpkin at all. It is all yummy fudginess with a soft and sweet cream cheese swirl on top. This part is quite simple as well!
Cream Cheese Swirl Ingredients:
- Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
- Fat Free Sour Cream
- Lakonto Monk Fruit or any low calorie sweetener
You add the swirl after the cake batter has been mixed and poured into the pan. I recommend using an 8Ã—8 or 9Ã—9 greased baking dish for this so the cake is nice and thick! Once the cake batter is evenly poured into the dish now you can dollop the cheesecake mixture onto the top of the cake like this:
Using a toothpick, swirl the cheesecake blobs, for lack of a better word, until you get a pretty design on the top of your cake!! Now all you have to do is bake the cake at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes!!!
It may be difficult to allow the cake to cool when it is complete because it smells so good but you need to! Once it is cooled you can divide the cake into 12 LARGE cake pieces. They really are very big.
Okay, so I will cut to the chase. Since I did say this healthy chocolate cake recipe is low calorie I will give you all the details. One large slice of cake (70 grams) is only 128 calories!!! How amazing is that I have been enjoying a slice every night but I know I will be sad when it runs out.
Full nutrition and instructions for this healthy chocolate dessert recipe is below! Again it serves 12. Please let me know if you make this and tag me in your pictures!!! Check out another healthy chocolate dessert recipe of mine here!
- 1 box Sugar Free Devils Food Pillsbury Mix
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree
- 100 grams Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
- 60 grams Fat Free Sour Cream 4 tablespoons
- 20 grams Lakonto Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and line a 9x9 or 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer combine the cake mix and the pumpkin puree.
- Once it is combined use a rubber spatula to scrape into the baking dish.
- Mix together the fat free ricotta, fat free sour cream, vanilla extract, and sweetener.
- Dollop the cream cheese mixture onto the chocolate cake batter.
- Use a tooth pick to swirl the sour cream and ricotta mixture to create a pretty design.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Slice into 12 slices and enjoy!
Serving Size70 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 128Total Fat 1.5gSaturated Fat .5gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 2mgSodium 272.3mgCarbohydrates 32.8gFiber 2.7gSugar 1.7gProtein 3.6g