Single serve, cinnamon banana cake. This delicious, very large, banana cake, is for one. High in protein, filled with white chocolate chips, topped with cream cheese frosting.
Protein baking time! My protein baking has definitely been a hit or miss lately. Sometimes I just throw too many random ingredients together, and sometimes I try to go the quick route and microwave it when I should really be baking it. However, this cake was very much a hit!
So many perks to this cake, high in protein. There are 41 grams, per one single serving, it has white chocolate chips in it, cream cheese icing…. and delicious obviously :).
A few things I used in this cake that I never had before and safe to say I loved them all. My friend Lex was sweet enough to send me some protein samples, the 1st Phorm Cookie Batter being one of them. I have been wanting to try their products for a while now but I am SUPER picky with protein powder and could not get myself to buy a whole tub..because usually when I do that I end up not liking them lol. Not the case here!
The other product that I used for the first time was the Swerve Confectioners Sugar a lower cal, lower carb option for your baking needs! I never could get my cream cheese icing right but I think this is just what I was missing! If you spread the icing on the cake when it is still warm it melts a little bit which I love!
The little bit of banana is the perfect amount! It isn’t overpowering but it gives the cake a great consistency and who doesn’t love a classic banana bread! If you follow my Instagram page you know I am a huge advocate for all things white chocolate! If you don’t feel the same feel free to use semi sweet morsels or just leave them out all together!
If you want to make a lower carb option swap the banana out for pumpkin or applesauce! It will taste a little different but will still be yummy nummy.
Tag me or message me if you make this 🙂 The perfect macro cap to end the night.
Full cinnamon banana cake below:
- 37 grams Cinnamon Cookie Batter Protein Powder I used 1st Phorm
- 50 grams banana
- 35 grams Kodiak Buttermilk Power Mix
- 46 grams Liquid Egg Whites
- 55 mL Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 14 grams White Chocolate Chips
- 2 grams Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 20 grams Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 3 grams Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- 5 mL Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a small baking pan, you can also use a glass Pyrex rectangle container.
- Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator and let it sit to room temp.
- Mash 50 grams of banana with a fork.
- Stir in egg whites, and almond milk.
- Add Kodiak cake mix and cinnamon protein powder and baking powder and stir.
- Use a rubber scraper to pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Top with the white chocolate chips.
- Let the cake bake for 5 minutes then sprinkle the brown sugar blend on top, bake for 9-10 more minutes.
- While the cake is baking prepare the icing.
- Mash the 20 grams of cream cheese with a fork until it is creamy.
- Add in the confectioners sugar and almond milk and stir together.
- Once the cake is finished you can add the icing on, you can let the cake cool or add it right when it is hot like I did.
Serving Size1 cake
Amount Per Serving Calories 454Total Fat 9.2gSaturated Fat 5.6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 55mgSodium 543mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 4.9gSugar 21gProtein 41g