A strawberry protein bar, that does not taste like a protein, our favorite kind of protein bar right?
We all have our hands down favorite protein bar, right? Whether you like the chocolatey deliciousness of Built Bars or the gooey cookie dough consistency of Healthy Eating on the Go (Haley & my two favorites), everyone has their preference.
I’m here to tell you…eating protein bars and shakes regularly gets expensive. Don’t get me wrong. I love the convenience of them and will never replace them fully, but adding one in every day of your meal plan adds up quickly. I’ve created a STRAWBERRY protein bar remake in order to help combat the expensive treat, while also satisfying that sweet tooth and still hitting your protein goals.
Let’s Make It! What’s in the Protein Bar Remake?
- Wet Ingredients:
- Fairlife Non-Fat Milk
- Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
- Raw HoneyCake Batter Extract
- Starberry Blast American Dream Nut Butter
The star of the show here is really Starberry Blast Almond Butter from American Dream Nut Butter (MorganEatsMacros and HaleyNicoleFit will save you). I STRONGLY suggest getting this one, it’s totally worth it – it really makes the Strawberry Protein Bar …well strawberry!
However, there’s lots of swaps here that will switch up the macros, but will still keep the same overall consistency and yummy taste. You could use any brand of nut butter or peanut butter, plus the pancake syrup is a zero calorie option which helps with the overall calorie count, but there are several sugar free, low calorie syrups that could also be switched out
- Clean Simple Eats Cake Batter Protein
- Sea Salt
- Cassava Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Freeze Dried Strawberries
- Sunflower Kernels (unsalted)
The dry ingredients keep it simple. Everything is pretty easy to come by in your local grocery store. For this particular recipe, I used the bag of freeze dried strawberries from Trader Joe’s and Clean Simple Eats protein powder because it’s a favorite of mine.
Strawberry Protein Bar..remade
To make the strawberry protein bars, start by combining all of your dry ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl. This includes the seeds and dried strawberries. In a separate, smaller bowl add the nut butter and put it in the microwave to soften it up just a little bit – less than 30 seconds. Depending on how well it’s mixed, you may not even need to! Add in the remaining wet ingredients and stir well.
Slowly begin adding the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. It may take a little time to combine, but it will come together. If needed, add a little more 0 calorie syrup or milk. The strawberry protein bars will be a very sticky consistency.
Spray a 9×9 pan and spread mixture evenly. I used a silicone pan and it worked like a dream without anything sticking. It’s also a great idea to wet your hands to prevent sticking as you spread the strawberry protein bars evenly in the pan.
Place in the fridge uncovered for about one hour to slightly dry out. When cooled, cut into 6 pieces and enjoy! You can also pre-package them and use them as meal prep for the week. Other options would be to crumble them up and use it on top of yogurt bowls or other fun tasty treats!
How To Track The Strawberry Protein Bar
Simply search “HNFit Strawberry Protein Bar” in My Fitness Pal and you can log it in your diary daily! The macros for this fruity cookie treat are 29.7 grams of protein, 10.4 grams of fat & 14.2 grams of carbohydrates. That totals 260 calories.
Is it a little high in calorie? Yep. But most are. The best part about creating your own – you can use 1/4 of the bar and not feel guilty about leaving the rest in the pan unlike unwrapping half of a pre-packaged bar!
Now that we have a base recipe, I can only imagine what’s next. Are we thinking salty or sweet? A protein bar is often high calorie, so it’s often best to pair it with a lower calorie meal like our Protein Pizza or the Easy Classic Meatloaf. Staying on track doesn’t have to be boring or complicated! Be sure to tag us in your protein bar remakes and share your reviews with @morganeatsmacros_ @haleynicolefit and @HNFitCommunity on Instagram.
Strawberry Protein Bar
- 60 g Cassava Flour
- 60 g Coconut Flour
- 60 g Clean Simple Eats Cake Batter Protein Vanilla would work, too!
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.50 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Oz Freeze dried Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Kernels (unsalted)
- 100 g American Dream Nut Butter Starberry Blast
- 1/4 cup Fairlife Non-Fat Milk
- 1/3 cup Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
- 1 tsp Cake Batter Extract
- Start by combining all of your dry ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In a separate, smaller bowl add the nut butter and put it in the microwave to soften it up just a little bit - less than 30 seconds.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients and stir well.
- Slowly begin adding the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. It may take a little time to combine, but it will come together. If needed, add a little more 0 calorie syrup or milk. The bars will be a very sticky consistency.
- Spray a 9x9 pan and spread mixture evenly.
- Place in the fridge uncovered for about one hour to slightly dry out.
- When cooled, cut into 6 pieces and enjoy!
Serving Size83 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 260Total Fat 10.4gSaturated Fat .3gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol .8mgSodium 143.1mgCarbohydrates 29.7gFiber 2.8gSugar 8.6gProtein 14.2g