Grab your kids, it’s a family favorite! Sloppy Joe’s have been around forever and they never do get old am I right? I think they are a favorite all around because they are delicious and simple to make!
To be quite honest with you I do not feel like they are even THAT sloppy.. I guess it really depends on how you eat them and if you really load up that sandwich. I definitely like it loaded up!
But the great part is you do not have to have it as a sandwich if you do not want to! I have had this as a side dish with my pasta, rice, salad, and more!
Ok, so let’s cut to the chase.
What Do You Need For The Sloppy Joe’s?
- Ground beef: I used Butcher Box, use this link here for an amazing deal!!
- Onion: chopped finely! This adds great flavor to the beef!
- Crushed garlic: I use the Polaner brand, you can find this in the produce section of the grocery store, or you can opt for dried garlic and crush it then chop!
- Green Bell Pepper: If you really want to use red than go ahead lol, the green does give it a more mild flavor though and pairs perfectly with the onion!
- Celery: Just one or two stalks, finely chopped!
- Ketchup: You can opt for sugar free ketchup if you would like but I prefer just a natural Heinz kind of thang!!!
- Brown Sugar Swerve: not much is needed so you could use regular brown sugar if you do not have swerve!!
- Dijon Mustard: Love me some mustard something about dijon too
- Vinegar: Just a tad!!!!
- Worcestershire: How do you even say this any way.
How Do You Make The Sloppy Joe’s ?
In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until onion is tender. Drain fat
In a crock pot combine ketchup, pepper, celery, water, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder. Stir in meat mixture
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Serve The Sloppy Joe’s?
Well Let’s First Observe Who Your Audience Is Husband? Kids? Parents? Yourself? This Will Make A Difference Right? If you are sharing with the hubs I would say add it to a good old fashioned bun, add some roasted potatoes and a yummy side salad!
- The kids: Add it to some fun shaped pasta, they will love it and likely ask for more 🙂
- Parents: they can be hard to please. Pretzel buns and side of pasta with light butter and cheese, that sounds heavenly!
- Yourself: however you want. I like to add mine to a toasted english muffin and have some veggies on the side!!
What Are The Macros?
This recipe makes 5 servings.
1 serving is 136 grams and can be found in My Fitness Pal as Haleynicolefit Sloppy Joe’s
11.5 carb / 6.8 fat / 17.5 protein
Can You Meal Prep The Sloppy Joe’s?
Yes yes yes!! Of course you can. It actually makes the perfect meal prep! You can store it in the fridge for up to a week and serve it accordingly.
If this sounds like your kind of recipe make sure you also check out our Cheesy Taco Pasta!!
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 1-2 tsp Crushed garlic
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1-2 Celery stalks chopped
- 4 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar Swerve
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1-2 tbsp Water if needed if there is not enough liquid add a small amount of water
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until onion is tender. Drain fat
- In a crock pot combine ketchup, pepper, celery, water, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder. Stir in meat mixture
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size136 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 169Total Fat 6.8gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 147.7mgCarbohydrates 11.5gFiber 4gSugar 6.5gProtein 17.5g