Do you love cheeseburgers? Me too! This deconstructed healthy cheeseburger bake is the perfect low carb substitute, you will love it!
This recipe is an easy, and healthy dinner idea (or lunch) perfect for the whole family, or a perfect meal prep idea to bring to work!
During the holidays, friends of mine made this cheeseburger dip that was actually the most amazing thing ever. I could not stop eating it, some Tostitos, that dip, and I was chillin! Lol, I ended up eating way to much of it but no regrets 🙂
Randomly, I thought about this dip last week and so I came up with an alternative that I could eat as a meal rather than an appetizer! I haven’t cooked with ground beef in a while so this was a change up for me! I am usually always using lean ground turkey. Check out my Healthy Turkey Bolognese Recipe here!
Anyway, I am surprisingly not even a huge hamburger / cheeseburger kinda gal but when I want one it definitely has to have some cheese on it! So I made this recipe in perfect time for Cheese Lover’s Day, this Monday January 20th, haha. Honestly the best burger I ever had was a peanut butter burger, but I have had my eyes on a few others like a bacon brie burger, and a mac and cheese burger go big or go home right?
Anyway, I digress this healthy recipe is just your classic cheeseburger.. There is even pickles in it!! YAY or nay if you don’t like them just omit them from the recipe.
If you are like me and always trying to come up with fun and healthy dinner/lunch ideas, I think you will really like this recipe! It is easy and comes in handy for meal prep!
Healthy Cheeseburger Bake ingredients:
- Fat Free Cream Cheese
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Franks Red Hot Sauce (or hot sauce of choice)
- 2% Cottage Cheese or any Cottage Cheese
- Broccoli Rice, I used Full Green
- Better than Bouillon Beef Base or One Cup of Beef Stock
- 1 package of 95% lean ground beef
- Dill Pickle Spears (optional)
- Fat Free Cheddar
Honestly, most of the ingredients were in my house already, and I am a little bit of a minimalist, SO I am thinking you will have a lot of them too 🙂
This recipe yields 5 servings, 236 grams each, 205 calories, 5.3 grams of fat, 11.6 carbs, and 27.5 grams of protein! A high protein, low carb and low fat recipe that is quite delicious if you ask me! When I first tried it I felt like I was in a burger joint hehe! I love having this with a mini Josephs Pita on the side!
Looking forward to see all of your recreations! Full recipe below:
Healthy Cheeseburger Bake
- 2 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 17 grams Ketchup 1 tablespoon
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce 15 mL
- 4-5 tbsp Franks Red Hot Sauce or hot sauce of choice
- 40 grams 2 % Cottage Cheese or any Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Onion 175 grams
- 1 package Broccoli Rice I used Full Green
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillon Beef Base or One Cup of Beef Stock
- 1 package of 95% lean ground beef
- 2 Zucchini (chopped finely) 367 grams
- 2 Dill Pickle Spears (optional) 67 grams
- 60 grams Fat Free Cheddar
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Start by finely chopping the onion.
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray, and throw in the chopped onion. Cook over medium heat.
- Once the onion is cooked through, add the ground beef.
- When the beef is cooked, add the beef bouillon or beef stock.
- Finely chop the zucchini and add into the pot.
- Stir and add the cottage cheese, fat free cream cheese, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce, and veggie rice.
- Move heat to high and bring to a simmer, lower and cover. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Now, spray a cooking dish, 9x13 works, and put the mixture into the dish. Chop the pickle spears and add them in.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top, cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for 5 more!
Serving Size236 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 5.3gSaturated Fat 2.2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 60.5mgSodium 653mgCarbohydrates 11.6gFiber 2.5gSugar 5.7gProtein 27.5g
2 thoughts on “Healthy Cheeseburger Bake”
Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂
Thank you so much!