Celebrate Halloween with these fun and festive Halloween Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches. The delicious pumpkin ice cream between two chocolate chip and Pillsbury pumpkin sugar cookies baked ON TOP of each other is a treat you won’t be able to get enough of!
The last day of summer is approaching…which also means…that Halloween is almost here! I’ve always loved Halloween. The beautiful fall colors and spooky vibes hold so much nostalgia from being a little kid and getting dressed up. Being older, I’ve now moved on to some more ~adult~ ways of celebrating, which include drinking some wine and making fun Halloween treats to eat at home during a Halloweentown marathon. 😅
I don’t know if you saw these Halloween Cookies go viral on TikTok, but I know I had to make them as soon as I saw them. A Pillsbury pumpkin sugar cookie baked directly on top of cookie dough? Say no more! I am IN.
However, I wanted to get a little more creative and turn these treats into some Halloween Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches. I used Enlightened Ice Cream, which is low in calories and high in protein. My favorite fall flavor is the Pumpkin Cheesecake. It’s so festive and has literal CHUNKS of cheesecake in it! I also dipped the edges of my ice cream sandwich in some fall inspired sprinkles. It was a great move.
You of course don’t have to make an ice cream sandwich, but that’s what sounded good to me at the time and I wanted to share this delicious treat with you. These cookies will taste amazing on their own, too. Bake them however you like ’till their crunchy, perfectly cooked, or even a little underbaked. (Underbaked is the best, in my opinion.)
Ingredients you’ll need
Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – I grew up on this cookie dough and it is my go to when I want to make cookies, but not make cookies. They’re so easy to plop on a cookie sheet and bake. Plus, the dough makes a good snack 😉 P.S. Consume raw cookie dough at your own risk.
Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Pumpkins – These sell out every season for a reason! They are the perfect sweet Halloween treat and just make any Halloween movie marathon better. So fun and festive. GO and stock up!
Enlightened Ice Cream – I highly recommend using a fall flavor like Pumpkin Cheesecake or Pecan Pie for your ice cream sandwich. It will taste SO GOOD! Use 1 scoop (about 50 grams) per sandwich. And of course, you do not need to use the ice cream to make an ice cream sandwich. These cookies taste great on their own, too.
How to Make Halloween Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F
- Remove the Nestle cookie dough from the package. Then, using your palms, create little balls with the cookie dough and press down flat onto the cookie sheet. Repeat this for all of the cookies
- Remove the sugar cookie pumpkins from the packaging. Then, press a sugar cookie down on top of the cookie dough
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow the cookies to cool fully
- Once the cookies are no longer hot, sandwich 1 ice cream scoop in between two cookies to make an ice cream sandwich
- Repeat. You will get about 10 ice cream sandwiches!
How to Store
These cookies will stay fresh for up to a week in a container stored at room temperature. You can store the pumpkin ice cream sandwiches in the freezer.
How to Eat these Halloween Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches
Eat one of these pumpkin ice cream sandwiches whenever you’d like. I like to enjoy one with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate in the evening. Make a bunch for a gathering of friends or with the kids. Bring them to a party and watch them disappear. You could even make them to celebrate a Halloween birthday.
Because there is gluten in the Pillsbury pumpkin sugar cookies, this recipe is not gluten-free as written. However, if you needed to make them gluten-free, you could omit the pumpkin cookies and use a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie dough. You can still achieve the Halloween vibe and pumpkin flavor with pumpkin ice cream!
If you need to make these sandwiches dairy free, use a dairy-free chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and dairy-free ice cream.
To make these vegan, omit the pumpkin cookie dough (it contains egg) and swap in for a vegan chocolate chip cookie dough and vegan ice cream.
Please note that any changes to the original recipes will affect the nutritional information shared below.
Nutrition information for these Halloween Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches
Here is the nutritional information for one cookie:
145 calories, 19 carbs, 6.3 fat, 0.8 protein
Search HNFit Halloween Cookies in My Fitness Pal
Here is the nutritional information for one ice cream sandwich:
397 calories, 45.9 carbs, 21.8 fat, 2.9 protein
Search HNFit Halloween Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich in My Fitness Pal for easy logging
More tasty ice cream treats you’ll love
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet with Ice Cream
- Mixed Berry Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Homemade Mini Ice Cream Cones
- Light Cake Batter No-Churn Ice Cream
- 1 package Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 package Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Pumpkins
Make them into an ice cream sandwich:
- 2 pints Enlightened Ice Cream; I used Pumpkin Cheesecake and Bake the World a Better Place (Pecan Pie)
- Preheat your own to 325 degrees.
- Remove the Nestle cookie dough from the package, using your palms, create little balls with the cookie dough and press down flat onto the cookie sheet. Repeat this for all of the cookies.
- Remove the sugar cookie pumpkins from the packaging and press the sugar cookie down on top of the cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool fully.
- Once the cookies are no longer hot, sandwich 1 ice cream scoop in between two cookies to make an ice cream sandwich.
- Repeat, you will get about 10 ice cream sandwiches!
Serving Size1 ice cream sandwich
Amount Per Serving Calories 397Total Fat 21.8gCarbohydrates 45.9gProtein 2.9g