A low calorie, moist chocolate cake, topped with a light, creamy, fudge frosting.
Okay seriously, I want this cake for the rest of my life. It is so so good. I can’t take full credit for this because I did find a few versions of it online! But it is genius and oh so delicious.
My mom (like me) adores chocolate so when I asked her what she wanted for mothers day she said “something chocolate”….what else than a chocolate cake!
Ingredients for the Skinny Chocolate Cake:
- Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Fat Free Cool Whip
- Instant Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding
- Vanilla Extract
- Skim Milk
- Nestle Tollhouse mini morsels
All I did was combine a box mix of Betty Crocker Devil’s Food cake with greek yogurt and 1 cup of water! I used a Vanilla Light and Fit and there is something about the greek yogurt that makes the cake so moist!!
OH and this icing!!! I am thinking of just making it alone to use as a dip or just eat it by itself….. 1 box of sugar free INSTANT chocolate pudding, skim milk, vanilla, and fat free cool whip is all you need! Now I emphasize INSTANT because I made the mistake of overlooking this ingredient and got the “cook and serve” and had to throw out the first batch, run to the store and buy more ingredients so don’t be me!
Once the cake is all cool you can top it with the frosting and the mini chocolate chips! I use Nestle Mini Morsels.
Definitely want this for my birthday and I will definitely make it as a Funfetti version! It will essentially be the same recipe but just vanilla pudding mix for the icing!
The serving size yields one slice for 198 calories, I always have a little more than this because it is so good!!
Easily tracking skinny chocolate cake by searching HNFit Skinny Chocolate Cake in the MyFitnessPal app.
- 1 box Devils Food Cake mix
- 1 Vanilla Light and Fit
- 1 cup water
- 1 container fat free Cool Whip
- 1 package instant sugar free chocolate pudding
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup skim milk
- 21 grams Nestle Tollhouse mini morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the cake ingredients and pour into a greased 13x10 pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes!
- While the cake is baking combine the vanilla, milk, and pudding. Mix together until thick then add the cool whip!
- Once the cake is done let it cool then top with the frosting and the mini chocolate chips
- Delicious and lighter than normal chocolate cake ! I put strawberries with mine and some vanilla HaloTop.
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 1.7gSaturated Fat 1.1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1.1mgSodium 310.9mgCarbohydrates 40.4gFiber 0.9gSugar 19.4gProtein 3.4g