A low calorie, moist chocolate cake, topped with a light, creamy, fudge frosting.
Okay seriously, I want this cake for the rest of my life. It is so so good. I canâ€™t take full credit for this because I did find a few versions of it online! But it is genius and oh so delicious.
My mom (like me) adores chocolate so when I asked her what she wanted for mothers day she said â€œsomething chocolateâ€â€¦.what else than a chocolate cake!
Ingredients for the Skinny Chocolate Cake:
- Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Fat Free Cool Whip
- Instant Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding
- Vanilla Extract
- Skim Milk
- Nestle Tollhouse mini morsels
All I did was combine a box mix of Betty Crocker Devilâ€™s Food cake with greek yogurt and 1 cup of water! I used a Vanilla Light and Fit and there is something about the greek yogurt that makes the cake so moist!!
OH and this icing!!! I am thinking of just making it alone to use as a dip or just eat it by itselfâ€¦.. 1 box of sugar free INSTANT chocolate pudding, skim milk, vanilla, and fat free cool whip is all you need! Now I emphasize INSTANT because I made the mistake of overlooking this ingredient and got the â€œcook and serveâ€ and had to throw out the first batch, run to the store and buy more ingredients so donâ€™t be me!
Once the cake is all cool you can top it with the frosting and the mini chocolate chips! I use Nestle Mini Morsels.
Definitely want this for my birthday and I will definitely make it as a Funfetti version! It will essentially be the same recipe but just vanilla pudding mix for the icing!
The serving size yields one slice for 198 calories, I always have a little more than this because it is so good!!
Easily tracking skinny chocolate cake by searching HNFit Skinny Chocolate Cake in the MyFitnessPal app.
- 1 box Devils Food Cake mix
- 1 Vanilla Light and Fit
- 1 cup water
- 1 container fat free Cool Whip
- 1 package instant sugar free chocolate pudding
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup skim milk
- 21 grams Nestle Tollhouse mini morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the cake ingredients and pour into a greased 13x10 pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes!
- While the cake is baking combine the vanilla, milk, and pudding. Mix together until thick then add the cool whip!
- Once the cake is done let it cool then top with the frosting and the mini chocolate chips
- Delicious and lighter than normal chocolate cake ! I put strawberries with mine and some vanilla HaloTop.
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 1.7gSaturated Fat 1.1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1.1mgSodium 310.9mgCarbohydrates 40.4gFiber 0.9gSugar 19.4gProtein 3.4g